I’ve published several of the example apps to my cloud server and I’ve had no problems accessing them locally in my browser. I then opened up the required firewall ports and was able to access the app centre, login and run the published apps from another desktop machine on my home wireless network.
I next tried to access the app centre via my chrome browser on my iPad and found that while I was able to access the app centre login screen, I was unable to login using any valid user credentials. I then tried accessing the app centre using my Galaxy tablet and found the same result. The app centre displays but I can’t login.
Double-check the login to see if the tablets are ‘helpfully’ auto-correcting – I’ve been caught out by auto-capitalisation before.
You can also enable logging on the Lianja Server:
This will require a Lianja Server restart. After restarting and retrying the login, check the \lianja\server\log folder for .log files.
You must be psychic! The user name was being upper cased and that, apparently, was the problem.
Lianja runs on Linux and Mac also. Thus the reason why usernames are cased (so the app behaves the same everywhere).
only the admin user is recognized to access the application form the app center, even when I use –username and –password switches in the shortcut.
Users and permission exist in the system database, I can access to them from the APP buider. I redeployed the system database but still more the user can’t be authenticated, apart from the default admin.
I have all users using admin role for the application!!
your issue is permissions related. If you are copying the installed app builder bin directory and it works then the user that copies that may have the required permissions but when you install they may not.
When you run the app center exit it then look in the log directory and attach it to a ticket. That tells us what your environment is that you are trying to run in.
Have you tried opening a command window then cd to the lianja\bin directory and type .\lianjaruntime.exe
That may shed some light on the issue you are having as you may have a duplicate dll in your path which is the wrong version.
You can delete the system database on your target directory and copy the development system database to be sure that it is being copied properly. It cannot be overwritten if its open in a client PC.
if you want to verify that you are not missing any dlls download dependency walker and open lianjaruntime.exe
I’m testing the Lianja Tablet Web UI Demo app on an iPad 4 and I’m running into some issues. I’m not sure if these are Lianja issues or iPad issues.
I am unable to scroll the App Centre main screen. I’ve published 13 apps and I can see 12 in portrait and 6 in landscape orientations, and I can run the apps that I can see, but I can’t scroll the screen to see all the apps.
The App Centre LogOut button doesn’t appear to do anything. Tapping the icon simply highlights LogOut and nothing else.
The App Center is primarily for desktop and web apps.
Mobile apps are normally built as discrete apps that are installed on mobile devices.
Running web apps on a touch enabled mobile device you will also encounter some permission issues if you are trying to access the camera, local storage etc. Mobile apps handle these permissions as well as the native UI controls such as the date picker.
Building a native PhoneGap app with the correct settings will allow you to request permission to access hardware specific functionality that may be rejected in a web app for security reasons.
in Lianja 3.2 the App Builder and the App Center now always uses UTF-8 character encoding unless you explicitly specify a –CODEPAGE or specify –NOUTF8 as a command line switch.
This change was introduced in order to provide better data compatibility between desktop, web and mobile apps as web and mobile always use UTF-8.